1.Who can use our services?
Anyone who is elderly, unwell, disabled or facing a crisis and lives within 3 miles of Maidenhead town centre. We try and meet with all prospective clients in order to understand their needs and assess their suitability for our service.
2 How do I book a journey?
Call 07538 418448 at least a week before your appointment. The phone is manned weekdays from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Outside these times an answerphone is provided, please leave a message and we will get back to you.
3. What if I need to book a journey at less than a weeks notice?
We will do our best to help but we can't guarantee this.
4. Do I have to register with Maidenhead Care first?
Yes, in the first instance you'll need to discuss your circumstances with one of our volunteers to ensure that we are in a position to provide help. There is no membership fee.
5. How do I pay?
You pay the volunteer on completion of the journey.
6. I need to go shopping but am unable to get round on my own in a supermarket - can you assist?
We are happy to go shopping for you, or with you. Donations are at the discretion of the client.
7. I use a wheelchair, can you provide me with transport?
We have some volunteers with cars that can carry a wheelchair in the car boot, you will have to be able to manoeuvre out of your wheelchair into the passenger seat.
8. My appointment is likely to last several hours, will the driver wait or will two journeys be required?
For lengthy appointments the driver, at their discretion, may leave and return at a later time, this will incur a supplement for your journey.
9. Will Maidenhead Care volunteers go to a hospitals outside the local area?
We have volunteers who are happy to take clients to the main specialist hospitals in London and Oxford.
10. Can I request a regular booking for journeys that I need to make?
Regular bookings can often be accepted, please discuss with our Duty Officers.
11. How much should you donate?
As a non-profit charity we only ask for a donation when using the transport services. This will be confirmed by the Duty Officer when you make your booking, a list is provided here>>.
Frequently Asked Questions